Reconciliation in Christ المصالحة في المسيح

A blog site dedicated to showing the world the reconciliation that God offers to us and between us through the blood of Christ--the blood He shed in love for us and for all nations, to make us one with Him, and one in Him, for eternity.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God

Look at this picture of the Milky Way from our vantage point inside the galaxy. The center of the galaxy is clearly visible, along with the vast amounts of dust that cover huge regions from our view. What's really amazing to me about this picture is that I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the Milky Way that really looked like a galaxy, since we're inside it obviously so it's harder to get a good view of it. There's so much dust, since we're inside (it's like looking through the leaves of trees in a forest)--but you can just imagine us sitting here in our position in one of the spiral arms, looking toward the center of the galaxy thousands of light years away.

It reminds me of a song I sang in my mountain singing camp in Colorado:

The glories of my maker God my joyful voice shall sing

And call the nations to adore their Former and their King

The brightness of our Maker's name the wide creation fills;

And his unbounded grandeur flies beyond the heavenly hills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home