Reconciliation in Christ المصالحة في المسيح

A blog site dedicated to showing the world the reconciliation that God offers to us and between us through the blood of Christ--the blood He shed in love for us and for all nations, to make us one with Him, and one in Him, for eternity.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Personal Account From Beirut

A friend of mine wrote this letter from Beirut, in the first week of the crisis in the Middle East. I took his name off since I haven't asked him if I can post this. (I think he got cut off at the end.) Please pray.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there dear friends,

This is the sixth day of the attack on Lebanon. Some of you might not know this but I am in Beirut at the moment, in the East at relatively safe distance from the bombing. It's getting harder for people here. Grocery prices are going up, fuel is going to run out at some point. One cell-phone company has closed, their lines are still working but phone cards are getting more expensive everyday (making communication harder). who knows where it will go from here.

Getting out of the country by means of a cabride to Syria costs 400$, a ride that 7 days ago was still the normal price of 10$. People are sitting by their television sets waiting to see what happens next. Some of my friends have fled from the bombed places. One of them lost his family house in the city, luckily they still have their country home. People don't know what to do, don't know what will happen next and don't know if and when foreign intervention will actually come.

This is not a political call for action. I am not asking that you get angry, or take sides. Our fight is not against flesh and blood. It is against the powers of darkness (Ef. 6:10-20, for exact quote). Will you please pray for the people here. That they will find out what the real war is that is going on "behind their backs". Will you pray that they come to know the true Savior, who can offer real "resistance" to darkness.Also pray for the believers that they don't lose sight of their Savior and that they know that love conquers all. Those of you who know people here and their personal situation, keep them in mind. Bless them from where you are.

And for me personally, I don't know what to do: I feel God is with me and I am encouraging people around me, praying, helping out. On the other hand, my family in Holland is worried about me and I don't want to put a strain on them. There are others like me, who don't know if they should stay and be a help or leave and wait for things to calm down. I don't want to be selfish and leave, but I also don't want
to make a wrong decision.

Others in Lebanon are in a much more difficult position than me, so I feel selfish in asking prayer for my situation. Pray

Much love,

---------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home