Reconciliation in Christ المصالحة في المسيح

A blog site dedicated to showing the world the reconciliation that God offers to us and between us through the blood of Christ--the blood He shed in love for us and for all nations, to make us one with Him, and one in Him, for eternity.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving in the Middle East

Hello everybody,

It's Thanksgiving! And to my surprise, that actually means something for me here! Last year when I was in Lebanon, I figured Thanksgiving would pass by just like any other day, since Lebanese of course don't celebrate it. But to my delight, we were invited to a nice big dinner at some American friends' house, had a wonderful party. But, I thought, two years in a row being surprised by Thanksgiving dinners in the Middle East would be too much.

I was wrong! I found out last Friday that the House of Hope (a house for disabled and blind children) was hosting a Thanksgiving dinner for its volunteers as well as others in the area, so I get to go have a Thanksgiving dinner in about a half an hour! Praise Jesus! MOREOVER, the church I've been attending in Jerusalem is having ANOTHER Thanksgiving dinner after church on Sunday here in Bethlehem, so I'll get not one, but TWO Thanksgiving celebrations in the middle of the West Bank!! Who would have thought? Pumpkin pie will never taste so good!

And another reason to be thankful--I realized that I have a three month visa in my passport, rather than the month that I was under the impression I'd been given. Which means I don't need to spend $200 to go to Jordan and back for a day, which really would have been silly. And it means I'll be here for Christmas, and get to enjoy all the fun that brings. =) (On top of that, somebody said it might even snow here tomorrow! Now that would be something--snowy white Bethlehem, right around Christmastime.)

Okay, I hope everybody wherever they are enjoys this Thanksgiving day, and every day gives thanks to God for all the super duper things He gives us. =)

Seth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home