Reconciliation in Christ المصالحة في المسيح

A blog site dedicated to showing the world the reconciliation that God offers to us and between us through the blood of Christ--the blood He shed in love for us and for all nations, to make us one with Him, and one in Him, for eternity.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Big Fat Mormon Wedding

My brother Joel got married yesterday!! It was loads o' fun. I didn't see the ceremony in the temple of course (only my mom was able to go in from my immediate family), but we had a really nice ring ceremony afterwards where all the siblings and parents (and siblings-in-law) of the bride and groom said some things and gave their blessings to the couple. Then there was a really yummy lunch, and in the evening we had a big fat party for the reception, there was lots of good food although I didn't eat much (I was going to sing, so I didn't want to stuff myself). The song my sister and (older) brother and dad and friend Jon and myself did went quite well I believe, and the dancing and non-drunken revelry aftewards was an absolute smash. :) I haven't had that much fun with my family in a long time, and I have lots of fun with my family. It's also really cool having everybody here--my brother Paul and his wife Shea came in from Salt Lake Monday, and my grandparents and a few aunts and uncles also made it.

So, it was very cool. :) Jeanne (Joel's wife) is such a cutie, a really great girl. I found out last night she has a more-than-full tuition scholarship to BYU; I knew she was a smart cookie. They'll be home Christmas Eve, so we'll get to go caroling all together and do the fun Christmas stuff in the morning. So it shall be another smashing time.

May the Lord richly bless Joel and Jeanne and give them a great love and understanding of Him, and a deep, humble love for each other, in Jesus' name and for His Kingdom.

Seth

2 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

What did you sing? Do you play any instruments in addition?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Seth said...

We did a Magnetic Fields song called "It's Only Time," a very nice, sweet song. I play piano and guitar (played keyboard with my band in Lebanon), and a few random drums de vez en cuando.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home